The HazCom program must include the following:
(a) How this part is put into practice at the mine through the use of—
(1) Hazard determination,
(2) Labels and other forms of warning,
(3) Material safety data sheets (MSDSs), and
(4) Miner training.
(b) A list or other record identifying all hazardous chemicals known to be at the mine. The list must—
(1) Use a chemical identity that permits cross-referencing between the list, a chemical’s label, and its MSDS; and
(2) Be compiled for the whole mine or by individual work areas.
(c) At mines with more than one operator, the methods for—
(1) Providing other operators with access to MSDSs, and
(2) Informing other operators about—
(i) Hazardous chemicals to which their miners can be exposed,
(ii) The labeling system on the containers of these chemicals, and
(iii) Appropriate protective measures.
[67 FR 42383, June 21, 2002; 67 FR 57635, Sept. 11, 2002]